CIgna Global offers three comprehensive international health insurance plans for the individual Expat moving to, working in and traveling to Canada. Short or long-term comprehensive medical plans for individuals and dependent family members.
Expatriates plans in Canada for work assignments, schooling or simply to live, Cigna Global’s Silver, Gold or Platinum plans provide the health benefits for anyone moving to Canada for any amount of time.
With Cigna Global you have access to over 1 million doctors, hospitals and specialists worldwide. These contracted doctors have been thoroughly screened to meet the high standards set forth by CIgna’s provider network department.
Cigna has provided global health insurance for over 30 years. Today we have over 70 million members in over 200 countries. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people.
Your domestic health insurance and workers compensation will fall short when it comes to care in another country. Most care is not covered once you leave the U.S. borders. Also in the event of a medical emergency, neither domestic health insurance or work comp will pay for the emergency medical evacuation back to the States, Cigna will.
International Health & Well Being …
- Take control of your own health. The international Health & Wellbeing module helps you proactively manage your health before you fall ill.
- Screen against disease, test against common illnesses and get reassurance with routine physical exams.
- Also benefit from dietetic consultations, counselling support and our online health educations program.
International Dental & Vision …
- Look after eyes and teeth with International Dental & Vision coverage.
- See the difference with vision care. This covers you eye tests, corrective lenses, eyeglass frames, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- Maintain healthy teeth with a wide range of dental treatments. You are covered for preventive, routine, major and some orthodontic procedures.
Enroll in a Cigna plan …
- Choose either the Silver, Gold or Platinum plan.
- Add Optional Modules: International Outpatient – Emergency Medical Evacuation – Dental & Vision and International Health and Well-being.
- Pay for your plan – we accept most credit cards and also payment by installment.
To find the right plan for your situation please call or email anytime. Or click here to view all available international plans.
When traveling to, or living in a new Country, you will most likely need to have an International Medical Insurance policy in place in order to keep your work visa, student visa, spouse visa or immigrant visa valid. But also for the global coverage you receive with a Worldwide Medical Insurance policy much like GeoBlue or Cigna Global.
There are many quality companies which provide International Health insurance for all sorts of travelers visiting and living away from their home country. A couple you will want to compare are GeoBlue Rates & Benefits (Comparison with other companies) which is an American company providing International Health Insurance plans to travelers in every country. The other is; Cigna Global, they also are a global carrier with comprehensive coverage coupled with competitive rates for Students, Business travelers, Missionaries and Individuals and Families working, traveling and living abroad, with flexible options to cover you and your families unique needs.
Plan Type …
- Short-Term – 2 days to 6 months.
- Long-Term – 6 months to several years.
- Benefit Maximum – Up to Unlimited.
- Deductible options – $0, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000.
- Emergency Evacuation – up to $250,000 annually.
- Comprehensive coverage – up to 100% after deductible.
- Low premium plans.
- Richer Benefits – Emergency, routine treatment, terrorism, pre-existing conditions, RX and more…
Traveling Far from Home …
You are now halfway around the world, maybe in a part of the world which you are not familiar with how to access health care. This is why you need a partner to help you along the way if your suddenly encounter a serious illness or accident.
Questions you should ask yourself …
- How do you access care?
- Do you go to the public clinic or hospital, or are the private doctors a better choice?
- How do I find the right doctor?
- How do I communicate if the Doctor or staff do not speak my language?
- You are taken to an unfamiliar facility after an auto accident, what now?
- A terrorist attack, or bombing while sitting in a cafe, what if I’m hurt?
Your Health Care Partner …
All policies are not made equal. Make sure your benefits include coverage for; a terrorist act, emergency evacuation to receive proper medical attention. A company who meets rigorous U.S. insurance laws, translating to enhanced consumer rights. You don’t want an “off-shore” insurer with few consumer regulations. You also want 24/7 toll-free call center to assist you with everything from routine requests, to emergencies. The HTH staff have years of experience with international medical assistance and has close working relationships with it’s international provider community.
International Health Insurance plans come in all shapes and sizes. Make sure the plan you enroll in will meet your needs while living, traveling, studying or working abroad. The right company and plan can turn a frightening situation in a foreign land into one you are thankful for the choices you made before you left home.
Please feel free to contact me anytime, I’ll answer you questions right over the phone.