International Medical Insurance for Students both inbound for study in the U.S., and also outbound students studying abroad.
Plans are available for all schools; private, public, elementary, high school, Jr College, Trade School, College and University.
Quote: International Student Plans
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, you must have a valid J-1, H-3, F-1, M-1, or Q-1 Visa or other similar appropriate visa, and are covered if your destination is the United States.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, you must have a current passport and appropriate visa issued by your host country. You are covered for destinations outside of the United States.
Comprehensive Global medical insurance cover for the student studying outside of their home country, along with access to qualified physicians and hospitals in over 190 countries. Protect yourself against unforeseen accidents and illnesses.
Pre-Existing Conditions & Exclusions (please read)
- International Medical coverage for the global student.
- U.S. student and foreign students studying and living abroad.
- Hospital coverage, doctor visits, prescriptions, lab & X-ray, psychiatric svc., emergency room, surgery, preventive services, check ups, and much more.
- Emergency medical evacuation & repatriation.
- 24/7/365 member assistance services.
- Access to qualified doctors, hospitals and specialists worldwide.
- Quote & Enroll online
Trusted Solutions for Students, Faculty, Staff and Administrators.
VERY IMPORTANT – How companies determine coverage for “Pre-Existing Conditions” can dramatically change the outcome of your claims being paid.
Below is a common example of how, many companies view, treat and cover pre-existing conditions:
The above verbiage is very unsettling. This is an example of a company who can dispute or deny just about any claim that is submitted.
Below – you can see the GeoBlue International Student pre-existing clause is much more lenient and provides a common sense approach to the policy pre-existing conditions.
Group Quotes Available
Educational organizations can cover groups with 25 or
more, and Group plan designs can be customized.
Tailored plans for your group
GeoBlue plans provide a full range of the medical benefits necessary to meet the expectations and situations of your inbound population. In addition to the standard J1-compliant offerings, a variety of optional benefits including mental health, sports injury and maternity coverage are also available.
Access to the largest network in the U.S.
GeoBlue members have access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield network—the largest in the U.S. The 92% of doctors and 96% of hospitals participating allow for maximum convenience and flexibility for those in need of healthcare services. This network will bill GeoBlue directly so members don’t have to worry about out-of-pocket expenses during care—whether it’s inpatient or outpatient.
A one-call solution for any issue
- With GeoBlue, members get concierge-level service, meaning it’s prompt and easy to get care when they need it, wherever they are.
- Global services are available 24/7/365 to assist members with anything from arranging direct pay, coordinating evacuations or getting the proper follow up care.
- For administrators, GeoBlue is readily available to help you assist your students with any question, problem or concern whether it’s related to the expected or unexpected.
Exceptional Member Services
GeoBlue has a clear knowledge of U.S. healthcare and a deep understanding of the confusion experienced by those who are unfamiliar with it. Our U.S.-based customer service and medical assistance teams are readily available to help international members understand and navigate the U.S. healthcare system. Our representatives cover many foreign languages, allowing us to discuss coverage and personal health topics with our international members in their native tongue.
GeoBlue International Student Plans specifically designed for:
- Students, scholars, and faculty members who are engaged in international educational activities while living outside their home country.
- High School students attending a public or private school in the U.S. or abroad.
- JR. College, University and Post Graduate students.
- Coverage is designed to meet the U.S. F-1, F-2 and J-1, J-2 visa travel insurance requirements.
When global students pursue their global studies they will feel secure in the knowledge that they can access quality medical care when and where they need it. Global student health plans are comprehensive, competitively priced and come with vitally important health information and concierge-level medical assistance services.
Emergency Medical Evacuation …
This is very important coverage and should be included in all international plans! Domestic health insurance does not provide coverage for emergency air evacuations. Emergency Medical Evacuation or Repatriation is;
- Your medical condition warrants immediate transportation from the place where you are located (due to inadequate medical facilities) to the nearest adequate medical facility where medical treatment can be obtained.
- After being treated at a local medical facility, your medical condition warrants transportation with a qualified medical attendant to your Home Country to obtain further medical treatment or to recover.
GeoBlue Student Navigator is designed for extended living abroad. You can choose to enroll in a new plan when your existing plan expires. When you do, there are no medical questions and premium rates do not change based on your individual claims history. Your new rate will be the same as all persons covered in your rating class.
Please call anytime with questions or for more information.
Quote & Information Request: