To start an International Group Medical policy for your employees, it’s quite simple really.
- You need at least 2 employees working outside the U.S.
- Payroll records showing the employees are actually employed with you.
- Employer application.
- Employee application for each covered employee.
- Choose the plan.
- Request a Quote
That’s all it is. Quick and easy. The enrollment is processed in a couple weeks, ID cards and policy information is mailed, and coverage is put in place.
- Deductible Options: $0, $250, $500, $1,000, 5,000
- Unlimited annual and life time limits.
- Co-Insurance: 100%, 90%, 80%.
- Hospital – Outpatient – Maternity – Rx – Lab/X-Ray – Dr. Visits – Mental Health – Cancer Care.
- Dental – Vision.
- High Income Disability
Adding or Removing Employees from the policy …
To add an employee to the international medical policy, the employee application is submitted and processed. To Remove an employee a simple “change form” is quickly processed.
Changing Plan Options or Features …
To change the plan(s) offered to your international employees, this is typically done on the policy anniversary date. If plan options must be changed outside of the anniversary month, a request to change can be submitted and reviewed by the company.
Mobile App …
With the mobile app … world travelers have convenient access to the so many features:
- Search providers for medical, dental, or mental health care and map them using GPS technology.
- Arrange direct pay for future appointments to secure cashless access to care.
- Access Guarantees of Payment to view and share with others including doctors and hospitals.
- File a claim either by entering information in the app or by sending a photo of a completed form.
- Find a medication’s availability, generic name, and local brand name.
- Translate medical terms and phrases for many symptoms and situations; use the audio feature to play the translation.
- Display an ID Card on a smart phone and fax a copy directly to provider’s office.
Selecting the right Group International Medical Insurance can make your life a lot easier. Some companies don’t go down to 2 employees, other do not offer direct pay to global doctors or hospital, and others do not have contracted networks of doctors and hospitals, they piggy back or rent the network from other companies, which means they are not actually screened and contracted providers to that company.
Domestic health insurance provides a miserable amount of coverage to employer groups, individuals and their family members when working or living abroad.
Typical Group Health coverage provides:
- No Emergency Evacuation or Repatriation coverage.
- No Crisis Management during an emergency.
- No coverage due to Terrorism.
- No Evacuation coverage because of natural disaster.
- No 24/7/365 member support.
- No coverage for outpatient care, Rx, maternity, lab etc.
- International medical Insurance provides this and so much more.
Don’t leave your Global Employees Stranded
When your employees are outside the U.S., who do they call when a medical issue strikes? Their Human Resources (HR) department, their insurance company, who is probably closed at the time.
Is your health insurance customer service department available in the evening or weekends? Do they have translators available, will they tell you where the nearest hospital is, will they coordinate an emergency medical evacuation. Of course not.
Questions or Quote information?