Human Resource (HR) department will usually have access to either Group or Individual International Health insurance plans for their employees who are traveling, working or living abroad.
Domestic group health insurance leaves your employees far too vulnerable with the lack of coverage and benefits and too many non-covered services when outside the U.S.
Start a Group Plan …
To start an International Group health insurance policy, you need at least 2 global employees. Regardless of the total number of employees, a group plan can start with just a couple employees who are working abroad.
GLOBAL MEDICAL COVERAGE … Wherever your Employees are Worldwide.
When an emergency strikes, does your policy provide “emergency medical evacuation?” Repatriation? Can your employees fill prescriptions or visit a doctor for non-emergency services? Can they reach their plan carrier after hours or on the weekend? Of course not.
Example of International Group Medical benefits …
STRONGEST GLOBAL NETWORK
With access to the leading global networks, employees can easily get the care they need without unnecessary out-of-pocket expenses. Within the U.S. members have access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield network which includes 92% of all physicians and 96% of all hospitals. Outside the U.S. members have access to trusted care though the GeoBlue network in 190 countries. GeoBlue has a rigorous process for evaluating and contracting with medical providers that is unparalleled in the international insurance industry.
- Deductible Options: $0, $250, $500, $1,000, 5,000
- Unlimited annual and life time limits.
- Co-Insurance: 100%, 90%, 80%.
- Hospital – Outpatient – Maternity – Rx – Lab/X-Ray – Dr. Visits – Mental Health – Cancer Care.
- Dental – Vision.
- High Income Disability
Your HR Department knows, there are many risks when traveling abroad that need to be addressed.
- Who can assist, and who do you contact if you have a serious injury or illness.
- Kidnapping and extortion of executives and employees, international students, and vacationing family members including children continues to be a growing global trend regardless of where you are.
- Finding access to quality care, if an emergency strikes.
- Crisis management – you need a team of experts to intervene and move in to organize your care, coordinate transportation needs and respond to critical issues during an emergency.
- U.S. Group health insurance, Medicare or Workers Compensation do not provide any of these services to you or your family when outside the U.S.
Crisis Management policies are available to individuals, families or company executives and employees. For higher limit policies Kidnap & Ransom (K&R) policies can be obtained.
Typical Group Health coverage provides:
- No Emergency Evacuation or Repatriation coverage.
- No Crisis Management during an emergency.
- No coverage due to Terrorism.
- No Evacuation coverage because of natural disaster.
- No 24/7/365 member support.
- No coverage for outpatient care, Rx, maternity, lab etc.
- International medical Insurance provides this and so much more.
Contact me anytime with questions or a proposal for your company.