Global Health Insurance for your Employees …
International Health Insurance plans help your employees access care while working outside of their home country. We offer an extensive range of flexible products, customized to meet the changing needs of your globally mobile employees, and meet the objectives of your business.
When your employees travel abroad for a short-term assignment or long-term, they are exposed to risks associated with working in a foreign environment. Do they know where they can go for a doctor visit, or to pick up a prescription. In worse case scenarios, it the local hospital modernized with advanced equipment and qualified personnel?
Is your Human Resources (H.R.) person or staff properly equipped and trained if an emergency strikes one or several of your employees while in a foreign country? Do you have translators or insurance specialists ready to step during the crisis?
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Expat
- A comprehensive international medical plan for long-term assignees and their families
- Comprehensive plans: designed to cover international assignees and their families who are leaving their home countries for six months or more
- Rich benefits: the plan covers well visits, prescriptions, hospitalization, maternity, wellness, medical evacuation, repatriation, and employee assistance programs
- Flexible coverage: customizable plans for U.S. employees outside the U.S., foreign nationals on assignment in the U.S., and third country nationals
- Riders available: dental, vision, AD&D, life and long-term disability
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Traveler
- A group travel medical plan that provides benefits and services for short-term travelers
- Blanket policy: for employees outside of their home country on trips shorter than 180 consecutive days
- Easy administration: no enrollment required so it is very easy for companies to administer
- Rich benefits: the plan covers everything from accident and illness to hospitalization and medical evacuation
- Flexible coverage: the plan covers anyone traveling outside of their home country including U.S. employees traveling outside the U.S., foreign nationals traveling into the U.S. and third country nationals traveling from one non-U.S. country to another.
24-hour medical help
We know that supporting globally minded individuals means thinking globally ourselves. We have a team of advisers, doctors and nurses based around the world, helping us provide a multilingual service 24/7 – giving you the benefit of our international experience.
Members – Timely Access to Trusted Care
- Direct Pay: for inpatient and outpatient services – members do not have to pay and claim
- Trusted care: supported by a community of contracted, profiled, western-trained, English-speaking doctors and notable facilities in 190 countries
- 24/7/365 service: by phone, online or through the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Mobile app
Benefit Managers – Intuitive Tools and Responsive Support
- Streamlined administration: convenient electronic platforms that include online access to member materials, plan documents, and electronic invoices
- Dedicated account management: monitor account performance and provide prompt and thorough support
- Single point of contact: for all Blue Cross Blue Shield Global resources from enrollment to claims.
GeoBlue – pays the provider directly
So your employee doesn’t have to pay
out of pocket and submit a claim.
We offer comprehensive and compliant international solutions for employees and their dependents who travel or work internationally. Our plans were developed to meet the needs of your whole mobile population, across the globe, for short trips and longer assignments.
STRONGEST GLOBAL NETWORK
With access to the leading global networks, employees can easily get the care they need without unnecessary out-of-pocket expenses. Within the U.S. members have access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield network which includes 92% of all physicians and 96% of all hospitals. Outside the U.S. members have access to trusted care though the GeoBlue network in 190 countries. GeoBlue has a rigorous process for evaluating and contracting with medical providers that is unparalleled in the international insurance industry.
From the onset, we’ve focused on combining technology with exemplary service to make accessing healthcare as simple as possible. We want both our members and plan administrators to be able to concentrate on their business, knowing we have their health concerns covered. Our multi-lingual customer service team is available 24/7/365 to assist our members with locating network providers, accessing care and addressing health concerns. Through the balance of live support and sophisticated mobile and digital tools, we empower our members and administrators to stay in control.
HIGH VALUE MEDICAL CAPABILITIES
Our support services allow employees to experience a continuity of care that ranges from informing pre-travel decisions, to making medical choices on assignment, to handling unexpected or urgent situations including the coordination of evacuations. Plan sponsors can rely on our active case management approach, which seeks to ensure the outcome and value of international medical treatment.