Kidnap, Ransom and Extortion insurance (K & R) is a reimbursement policy for expenses incurred in the wake of kidnap and ransom, extortion bodily injury, detention and extortion property damage.
Corporations with global operations should consider protecting their staff against the risk of kidnap, extortion, detention and hijack.
Kidnap & Ransom Insurance is for:
- High Net Worth Families
- Independent Contractors & Freelancers
- Missionary Groups
- Financial Institutions
- Academic Institutions
Kidnap and Ransom Insurance has been developed to reimburse the policy owner for the expenses incurred with a Kidnapping. A policy owner will apply for coverage to protect themselves against a loss caused by a Kidnapping or an Extortion.
The Kidnap & Ransom insurance program offers kidnap, ransom and extortion coverage to virtually any type of company or high-net worth individual to meet this growing need.
Crisis Response …
One of the most beneficial parts of the plan is the unlimited expenses for the Crisis Response Team. The Crisis Response Team has worldwide knowledge about how negotiations should be handled in each specific location. They will provide advice based on their negotiating experience. Such as:
- Should the police be contacted/are the police trustworthy.
- How to make the Kidnapper provide Proof of Life.
- Where to set up a meeting.
- How to strategically talk with the Kidnappers.
- How to deliver the ransom.
Protecting employees & corporate assets is serious business!
Operating managers in any corporation face the daunting challenge of protecting valued employees and corporate assets. In most organizations, few people fully understand exposures such as kidnapping or extortion. But extortion, crime, and political instability are facts of life that corporate leaders must deal with when transacting business in an increasingly global, and unfortunately, hostile environment.
Key Features …
- Coverage for business travelers and high-net worth families.
- Unlimited access to specialist crisis response consultants 24/7/365.
- 24/7 access to in-house claims personnel dedicated solely to kidnap, ransom and extortion claims.
- Costs of travel and accommodations incurred as recommended by the Crisis Response Team.
Estimates indicate there are anywhere from 12,500 to 25,000 kidnappings a year worldwide. That figure is up 100% in the last six years. And, it appears that only 10% of kidnappings are actually reported. with so few kidnappings hitting the news, it’s easy to explain why the risks may appear rather insignificant. If the current pattern persists, we can expect that there will be many more incidences in the years ahead.
Covered Events …
- Kidnap … The taking of one or more of the insured persons captive by persons who then demand a ransom, specifically from the policy owners assets, as a condition of the release of the insured.
- Extortion … Threatening the insured with injury, death, abduction, or causing physical damage to or Loss of property.
- Detention … The holding under duress of an insured for whatever reason, other than kidnap, such as political detention.
- Hijack … The illegal holding under duress for a period in excess of six consecutive hours of an insured while traveling on any aircraft, motor vehicle or waterborne vessel.
K & R Benefits …
- Crisis response team fees
- Ransom lost during delivery
- Rest and rehabilitation costs for victim
- Personal accident
- Permanent total disablement
- Loss of extremity
- Loss of sight
- Loss of limb
- Travel expenses
- Psychiatric expenses
- Loss of income
- Specialized equipment
- Child care
Questions? Call or email anytime.